Hello Dr Gardner, i was wondering if you could address the issue of healing and preventing recurrent and stubborn cystic acne in teens and adults. It would be greatly appreciated.Many thanks
Here is my approach to acne.
1. Make sure the diet is good–no sugar, chocolate,soda pop, processed food, all of which have inflammatory triggers.
2. Supplements are needed to bring nutrients to the cells for needed repairs. Try the omega-6 oils, 5 grams a day, as the only essential fatty acids found in the skin are the omega-6 oils.
3. Get rid of excess dry skin by washing (but no more than 3 times per day) or using a soft brush on the skin.
4. Recently I added ASEA sprayed on the skin on a young lady whose acne persisted despite all of the above. She sprayed her face 1 to 3 times per day, and within a few weeks her skin was clear. She continues to spray it and sees continuing resolution of previous scar tissue. A spray bottle can be purchased from this website under Healthy Products.
5. If these things do not help, see your physician. I have other recommendations that need to be done under a doctor’s supervision.