I am 39 yrs old and female. For about a week I have been having pain in my stomach directly below my sternum and sometimes I have pain in my chest. It feels like it would be an ulcer, even though Ive never had one before, but it doesnt really seem to help if I take any OTC meds for it. Milk helps slightly, but not for long. When it gets really going it doesnt seem to help if I eat or not. My 13 yr old daughter then came to me with the same symptoms last night. The only thing I can think of is we both have bad case of stomach flu couple weeks ago.. could that have caused injury to our stomachs? I HATE it! Help
Some ideas on dealing with stress:
1) If you can’t reduce the stress you are now under in the short term, you must start the ball rolling to reduce the stress long term. It will eventually kill you.
2) Recognize all events in life can be categorized into 2 categories: a. things you can’t control b. things you can control. On the things you can control, you have to decide which ones are worth the battle, and let the others go. Sometimes you need a confidant to help with these tough decisions.
3) Release the stressors you can release.
4) Learn stress-reduction techniques–prayer, meditation, massage therapy, Jin Shin Jyutsu, biofeedback.
5) If the stress has been going on for a long time, and adrenal and other hormone exhaustion may have taken place, you may need to see an Integrative Medicine Practitioner to do lab work and prescribe natural products to support you.