My mother is interested in ordering vitamins. She shows some early signs of alzheimer’s. Which of your supplements would be best for her?
1. Everyone should be on a potent multivitamin, about 6 per day. If less than that, there is not enough calcium and magnesium in them, as they take up a lot of room in the multivitamin.
2. Essential fatty acids, both omega 3 (I prefer flax seed oil) and omega 6 oils along with
3. 5,000 IU of vitamin D is a good start.
4. Because Alzheimer’s is a brain breakdown, an additional B complex could be added, and
5. double the typical dose of essential fatty acids.
6. Be sure she drinks plenty of water, because dehydration is common in the elderly and looks a lot like Alzheimer’s.
6. Consider adding high doses of phosphatidylcholine to surround the nerves with the fatty myelin sheath, which improves conduction of nerves.
7. For dilation of the blood vessels in the brain, the following could be tried—gingko biloba, arginine (5 grams per day).
Usually, by the time symptoms of Alzheimer’s appear, brain damage has already occurred. These steps will hopefully at least slow down the progression, and hopefully start reversing symptoms and building new brain tissue.
This site has many of the nutrients I mentioned available. Just go to the supplements section and place your order if you wish to purchase them. I can help you if you have questions; call the office at 801-302-5397